2-3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1/2 red onion
1 cup cherry tomatoes
1 large cucumber
2 Tbsp green or kalamata olives
1/4 c sliced pepperoncini
1/2 English cucumber – peeled and diced
2 cups cold – plain Greek yogurt
4 teaspoons minced garlic
1/3 cup chopped fresh dill
juice of 1/2 lemon
1/2 teaspoon salt – or to taste
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1. Bake chicken at 350 degrees until the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees.
2. Cut up all vegetables into desired sizes. In a large bowl mix together all vegetables and coat with the olive oil and balsamic vinegar of your choice. Season them with desired spices – salt, pepper, oregano, dill are recommended.
3. In a small bowl, make the tzatziki dressing. Make the dressing by pureeing all ingredients in a blender or food processor. Chill in refrigerator until ready to use.
4. Once the chicken is cooked, allow it to rest for 5 minutes before shredding or chopping.
5. Slice the pita bread into wedges. Brush the pita bread with olive oil and arrange on a baking sheet. Bake for at 350 degrees until the pita bread is browned (6-10 minutes)
Add the chicken and vegetables to bowls,and serve topped with Greek yogurt dressing, pita bread and a wedge of remaining lemon.